Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Monday, June 11, 2007

"Happy Period", My ASS!!!!

This was forwarded to me, so I know it's made the email rounds.. some of you may have seen it allready- but I think it's too funny not to post... besides- it accurately describes how I am feeling today...
Enjoy -

AN OPEN LETTER TO
MR. JAMES THATCHER,
BRAND MANAGER,
PROCTER & GAMBLE.
- - - -
Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the Leak Guard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your Revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi-pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the human body amazing?

As brand manager in the feminine-hygiene division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from Aunt Flo. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps.Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants. Which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period."

Are you fucking kidding me?

What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness - is possible during menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James?


FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy"about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreens armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man.

If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like,

"Put Down the Hammer"
or
"Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong"?

Or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your accounting department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flexi-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullshit.

And that's a promise I will keep.
Always.


Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, damn, that's funny.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Drunk Drama Queen said…

    LOL- I thought so too!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't type.... I'm still laughing...

    I'm going to have to steal that...

    S.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG. Snog Dot linked. I'm not a regular, oh every 28 days or so. but this was to friggen funny. i promise i'll be more regular. I promise not to be a bleedin heart commenter too. I shall pad them, absorb what you have written....
    ok. i'll stop.

    great post ;)

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Now that's funny. And I know funny! ;-)

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I found you from Snog Dot and I'm so glad the men folk are able to find humor in this.

    It's the gospel of the period if one has ever been written.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Betty said…

    That's funny! And, a little sad. lol

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger photo_chiq said…

    LOL... this is too funny. "put the hammer down".. I too thought the "have a happy period" tag line must have been written by a man. We often have period dialogue like this"
    Aunt flo called said she is coming by tomorrow... 2 days later Aunt flo has already overstayed her welcome... 4 days FINALLY Aunt flo is packing her bags and preparing to go the F#!* home!
    Such an unwelcome and intrusive guest!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too found this courtesy of SnogDot.

    Left me flushing out my sinuses with diet Coke!

    Excellent find. :)

    Now excuse me while I go place another F-16 between my legs.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How true. All woman unite an take AK47's to the clown who says ''have a happy period''. Lord help us all.

    God must b a man. Woman is to smart to make us that miserable when ''auntie flo'' comes to visit. And the makers of maxi-pads with wings can go to hell.........

    ROTFLMFFAO ROTFLMFFAO

    Thx Q2 me needed that. More than yer ever gonna know. Ya made me laugh and that's been hard to do these days.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Though I did laugh at the above letter, I found it offensive just the same. I don't like to be categorized as a crazed, sensitive, irrational, maniacal, chocolate eating nutter who us just too emotional to make a decent decision, be a leader or shouldn't be worrying my pretty little head about more important matters in the world.

    Do I love my period? Absolutely not. Do I cringe with horror at the "Have a Happy Period" campaign? Hell, yes. It's ludicrous and insulting. But women need to stop perpetuating the crazy P.M.S.ing woman. I for one, do not want that stigma stamped on me. I do not act like an idiot while on my period and resent the implication.

    On that note, I'm looking forward to the Proctor and Gamble ad for anal lube: Have a titillating prostate exam!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!