Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Friday, January 26, 2007

Stress by the Buttload

This week I took a Promotional Exam for a second level analyst classification. It is a 5-7 question test given by a panel. It's an oral (tee hee- I said "Oral") interview. I also took the supervisor exam along with it (an additional 2-3 questions).

I've been cramming all bloody week. I felt like a high school student that all of a sudden realized that finals are two days away and I haven't done a damn thing to prepare!

I freaked out. I had a major panic attack meltdown at the office on Tuesday. I kept going into random cubicles and crying. I kept shouting things like, " I don't know the 7 step analytical process!"
and
" I can't remember the steps to sending out a successful email"

See, this exam isn't about what you know. It's about your thinking process. Can you think like a second level analyst.... On Tuesday I didn't feel qualified to think like a 2nd GRADER much less than a 2nd level analyst or a supervisor.

Well, the day came and went. That morning I had the shakes so bad it looked like I was going thru detox. I almost passed out at one point. I found this highly amusing. I can get onstage infront of thousands of people and make a complete JACKASS out of myself...but one interview stressed me out so much I had the green apple splatters for three days.

But during the interview I think I did ........okay. It was really really hard! (tee hee, I said "hard")
I hit most of the main points and on at least TWO of the questions, I knocked it outta the ballpark. I babbled on in some parts like a "Beauty and the Geek" supermodel on a three day cocaine binge.

But I survived. Thankyouverymuch.

I'll know my ranking in two to three weeks. That means I'll know how I did in comparison with how everyone else did. The top three ranks are the ones eligible to APPLY for a promotional position. The remaining ranks have to wait until the others clear..... How I just loooooooove how government jobs work!

So I don't care what your spiritual preferences are, pray for me in these remaining weeks. Ask Buddha, God, Ganesha, Goddess, Father Sky, Mother Earth, or if you're agnostic- just think good thoughts for me -that I rank high enough so I can promote to another area!

So that's the back story on why I haven't posted much lately....
I've been too much of a basket case that I didn't even have a cocktail until this damn thing was over..
Now I am going to go seriously get back to working on my drinking problem.

Smooches to all!
DDQ

7 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Sassy said…

    GOOD LUCK!

    I'm praying to all that's good and evil for you...

    I can't get up and talk in front of no amount of people so my hat goes off to you :D

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    I figure I have gone thru enough shit lately, that all those "gods" owe me...I'll put in a good word for you ASAP. Goodluck, I am sure you did great!!

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    What? Am I the ONLY person on the planet that finds the fact that you had to take an ORAL exam for ANAList job, extremely funny??? Come on people, get with it!

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG...Well, since me and god ain't on speaking terms me will has a word with the one who will listen to me {LMAO}}. Me will think good thoughts too..

    Personally, tests scare the life outta me and me gets into panic attacks and hysteria..So feel better knowing yer not the only one.

    And, yes Pirate, me thought that was funny too..

    p.s. you will prolly end up with a perfect score on the test and be able to promote yerself to whereever ya want. So there!!!!

    Good luck

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Well the G-Man and I have been on pretty good terms lately, so I'll put in the good word for ya.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wishing you all the best!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    As a fellow civil servant, (who took that exam, uh, a year ago? ish) I'm sure you did fine. I thought i bombed it and still ended up in Rank 3. Woohoo!

    I think they try to mess with your mind by telling you that you have to solve a problem or issue and that you will have 30-60 minutes to prepare. It sounds very scary.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :D (oh and I found you through talesfromclarkstreet)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!