Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yes, I am still alive..

Sorry folks.
My life always becomes really hectic during tech week for the shows I am in. Steel Magnolia's went off the ground... and it looks like the audience is having a great time.. so I am thrilled with that..

but I got a call from Mom last Wednesday- we thought my father had a heart attack. I busted my ass home and spent the next three days going back and forth from hospitals to my folks....So I've been without computer access (all the while being a basket case) for what seems like forever.

I'll spare you all the boring details, but my father did NOT have a heart attack. He was symptomatic and he DID have to have Angioplasty and had a stent (I think I spelled that correctly) -his third - he had two put in in Dec 2004 -put in....

He has Kaiser and my hometown doesn't have a Kaiser hospital that specializes in cardiac care so he was bounced around from facility to facility- ended up in San Francisco to have the Heart Cath- which was an excellent facility (it pains me to say this..because I think Kaiser is "allegedly" the devil). They got him into the heart cath, prepped, oil changed and lubed and outta there in an hour.. then sent him home the next day.

So I am exhausted, traumatized, and thankful that he didn't require open heart surgery.

I will try and post something soon in a few days and will be back to my wisecracking, ranting, hilarious self....once I get some sleep...

Smooches,
DDQ

5 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And all the while she kicked ass in Steel Magnolias!!!! Better than Daryl Hannah!

    Her Director
    Paul

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    Hey Q2!! Glad to hear that things are OK, I was starting to wonder where you were.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Glad to hear that your dad is doing ok. My mother's friend just had a pace maker put in. They put it in on Wed and sent her home firt thing Thursday. Just like that.

    "paddles"

    "clear"

    "beep .. beep ... beep"

    "Good. Send her home"

    "NEXT"

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    I am so glad your Dad is ok. Good luck with the sleep thing....not easy this time of year!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Amberthyme said…

    I'm glad your Dad is home and recovering. Does it take a lot out of him for awhile when he gets the stints put in? Or does he feel like himself long before he should be up and around? How's your mom doing?

    I feel for you when it comes to Kaiser. It took them forever to figure out where in Sac to send her -- then they change their minds and sent her to Santa Clara. I can't WAIT until that damn hospital actually opens up WITH emergency services. Right now I use it to get Brenna's insulin at 10 p.m. since it has a 24 hr. pharmacy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!