Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Friday, December 15, 2006

They don't call me the DRAMA queen for nothin'!!

Now what...

I had an incident Wed night. I woke up at 12:45, with Acid Reflux..that quickly turned scary. All of a sudden I couldn't breath- it felt like someone had a vice grip on my lungs. I was wheezing and gasping for air. Then I had a panic attack because this lasted for a good 30 to 45 seconds(felt like 2 minutes). I could only get a droplet of air in at every gasp. It scared the hell outta me.
I thought that it's most likely acid reflux that I have never gotten treatment for. Yesterday my lungs were really sore and I could not take anything more than a shallow breath.

so I called the doctor and they gave me a 1:00 appt.
The doctor looked me over and diagnosed me with Asthma.
..... Asthma.... I have NEVER had Asthma before...
Gave me an inhaler and he said that sometimes Acid Reflux and Asthma go hand in hand. He thinks the acid reflux triggered the Asthma attack.
Also gave me a prescription for Acid Reflux too..

The kicker is .. While he is listening to my breathing he asks.. "Has anyone ever told you that you have a Heart Murmur?"

"No, I think I would recall that"..

"well, you do" and now they are scheduling me for a Ultrasound..

Sweet Jesus! So in one day.. I've been diagnosed with Acid Reflux, Asthma (a sudden onset) and a friggen Heart Murmur..

Wadda hell is next????.. I am scared what the Ultrasound is going to show.. I'm afraid they'll say,
"Has anyone ever told you that you have a PENIS?" ???????!!!

11 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn. Hope everything turns out ok.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Betty said…

    When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Hope you'll be fine.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    ""Has anyone ever told you that you have a PENIS?" ???????!!!"

    Yes .. yes they have.

    That was a pretty crappy night though. Hope the meds help out.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    here's to hopin that nothin more goes wrong......damn doctors huh?? a real pain in the arse...

    an NOPE......no-one has ever told me that me had a penis!!!!!! LMAO LMAO....

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    I am sure you'll be fine...goodluck. I was always told the shit hits the fan in blobs of three. You have your three, so time to pary girl!!!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    Dude, that's a rought day. My son has a heart murmur. but in 16 years it has only meant that he has a heart murmur, and nothing else. It doesn't seem to affect anything.


    Get better!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Amberthyme said…

    Oh crap what an awful night. I'm glad you got the meds. I hope the heart murmer turns out O.K. a penis in your heart would make things mighty uncomfortable during a serious relationship."Yes, honey yours is great but there will always be a special one in my heart. . . " I'm a dork, but that's why you love me.

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Xenophod said…

    Hahahaha! My sister is too funny. HAMMER! YOU'RE NOT A DORK! THAT WAS FUNNY!


    But seriously now, we're getting old. Like, not too old, but just old enough for our bodies to say, "Hey, I'm done eating all that spicy food. Here's some ACID REFLUX for ya! "

    And I don't think you have a heart murmur. I had one when I was a baby and my baby had one when she was first born, but now we're both ok... So, you'll be ok in that regard.

    Remember that one Speech tournament, when Zaid and I were just wee lil' lads? I think we mentioned to you that there was a penis in your notebook... Does that count?

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    ROFLMAO! Seriously though, sorry about your bad luck. Asthma isn't really that bad, as long as you control it. Welcome to the club.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger dsp128 said…

    Wait a minute, how do you know you had "acid reflux"? Are you a Doctor?

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Drunk Drama Queen said…

    I watch a lot of ER....

    No, DSP I am not a doctor. But half of my family are in the medical profession (RN's, LVN's, pharmacists, x-ray tecks, pre-med)
    and I have a family history with that diagnosis.. PLUS, I read..
    it's non a big jump to reach that conclusion, anyway. Sweetie, before you make a presumptious comment like that, you should introduce yourself first. Unless you were TRYING to be a smartass..then honey, you are WAAAY out of your league....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!