Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Monday, November 20, 2006

There is some South in my Mouth and Air in my Hair!!


I can not believe how HUGE my hair is in this photo!! Don't we look amazing? These are the other fabulous women who will be sharing the stage with the Drunk Drama Queen this winter in Steel Magnolias. The play opens December 1st and runs through Jan 20th (with time off for Christmas and New Years). For ticket info, exact dates and times, please visit Chautauqua Playhouse!

This is my first show with Chautauqua and I am thrilled to be in the company of such talented women! I am either breaking character- laughing my ass off- or close to tears getting caught up in the moment. I am playing Annelle (for you movie addicts- it's the part Darryl Hannah plays-but according to the "Fabulous" Paul Fearn, my director, I am much better in the part than she is- LOL)
We had this photo shoot a few weeks ago, and Bob Delucia teased my hair within an INCH of it's life.. My hair was bigger than Tammy Wynettes! I hope I have time in between scenes to get it this big during the run!
I peed a little when I saw this photo.. I can't stop laughing.. I look so ridiculous yet completely in character!
As much as I miss my RSP family, I am having a BLAST and hope Steel Magnolias won't be my last production at Chautauqua! For those of you who can make it, I hope to see you there!
Smooches,
xoxo
DDQ

14 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Looks like it will be a great time! Have fun and goodluck. Do they still say "break a leg"?

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Drunk Drama Queen said…

    they sure do!
    Thank you!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cairde answered my question...

    Break a leg!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    How come whenever I see a picture of theatre actors, they seem to be having too much fun? You guys passin the bottle?

    Break a leg!!!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Drunk Drama Queen said…

    Honey- I'm ALWAYS passin' the bottle..
    I usually carry Vodka in my purse..

    Oh SP- I went to a restaurant the other day- the bartender didn't know how to pour a Black and Tan..can you believe it?

    I had to get behind the counter and show him!!

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    What a great time that looks like it would be. Maybe you could get somebody to videotape the performance and you could post parts of it here. That would be so much fun to see.

    Break a leg!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can match that hairdo and raise you one....check out the photos from our production and see what Bob Baxter did to Karen and I!! I've never had hair like that in my life!! Can't wait to see your show...and Happy Turkey Day!

    Love,
    Kathleen

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    Q2;) -I have had to hop behind several bars and demo the perfect black and tan (A PERFECT B/T really should be Bass, but Harp will do in a pinch, eh?). I've left behind the bent spoon in each.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howdy from Texas! You look fabulous sista! We're soooo looking forward to seeing you do your magic on stage when we get back into town! Break a leg and wish your co-stars well from us. Happy Turkey Day!
    Love, Shaleen and Gregory

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    Hope you had a great Turkey Day!!!!!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Cutie,
    Congrats on the show, I know that Shawn and I cant wait to see it!

    Break a Hip!
    (I always figured that if Breaking a leg was good, breaking something worse would be better! :) )

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Pirate said…

    HEY YOU!! Wazzup??
    You have been tagged-The Pirate;)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Helloooooooooooooooooo?

    You still there?

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Anyone seen the lady wit' da big hair?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!