Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Monday, January 29, 2007

A Poem to my Steel Magnolia's cast and crew...


6 women changed my life.

They altered my state of being.

These women (with the help of two fine men) made me think differently about:

Life, happiness, love and strength.

They made me empowered as a woman. They showed me courage.

They showed me truth.

These women: M’Lynn, Shelby, Truvy, Clairee, Ouiser and Annelle,

offered me something no other role has- Hope.

Hope to be a better actress, a better friend….

A better woman.

And to the souls behind these characters: Deb, Kris, Eileen, Janice, Susan,
(and Paul and David too):

Thank you. You laughed with me through Bigger-Than-Life-Hair and 8 pounds of turquoise eye shadow. You giggled with me as I tried to keep a straight face with my bits with Susan. You cried with me and gave me the strength and the emotion to give my “Guardian Angel” monologue. All of you inspire me to do great things. And if it wasn’t for David, NOTHING would get done. Thank you, David for busting your ass every night.

And to Paul- Words cannot express my gratitude.

M’Lynn says it best, “You have no idea how wonderful y’all are”.

6 women (and two men), changed my life….. Thank you, I am truly honored and touched that I was able to join you for such a beautiful ride…….it truly has been a pleasure to work with every single one of you. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Hugs and kisses!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    please.... the sentiment is killing me. you were amazing. :-D love you

    p.s. you should post MESSAGE!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome!!! Hell it makes me wish me had seen the show but living in Canada with no car makes that a tad impossible for me..

    Very touching

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!