Drunk Drama Queen

This is what happens when a dipsomaniac drama queen has a little too much time on her hands. She rants, she raves, she's random...enjoy

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sorry Folks

I haven't posted like I promised. Had a camera to Laptop Snafu and it's currently being worked on. Good news is I didn't loose any of the pics. I do have to reinstall some software for the camera, though. Anyhow.. let me tell you what I did this past weekend...


I (with some theatre buddies) drove to Seattle for the weekend....
yep, you heard me correctly. We drove 12 1/2 hours to Seattle, Washington....for the WEEKEND.

and No, I was not high, stoned, or on acid. I did bring my sippy cup of Vanilla Vodka....

"Why in the hell would you do this, DDQ?",you ask...

We went to go see the Broadway Preview of Mel Brook's Musical "Young Frankenstein"!!
It was the most amazing show I have ever seen!


It ROCKED MY WORLD!!

It starred Roger Bart (He played George the Pharmasist on Desperate Housewives)
Megan Mulally (Karen Walker from Will and Grace)played the Madeline Kahn Role
Sutton Foster was Inga (Terry Garr's role in the movie)
and Andrea Martin was Frau Bluecher (Neeeeeeeeigh)

The show was SO KICK ASS. I was really excited because the movie is and always will be one of my all time favorites. The musical did not dissapoint. My favorite song was, "He was my Boyfriend"..

The show was like A hit of esctasy, a shot of vodka, an orgasm, and a cookie all rolled into one!

Another bonus to seeing a kick ass musical, is who was sitting two rows behind us and actually brushed against my shoulder as we were leaving..

Victor Garber





and


Sean Hayes !!!




I felt like I had 7 Alabama Slammers and a shot of Tequila!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (on the inside)

It was definately worth the drive there and back!!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Now that's a fun time.

    I LOVE Young Frankenstein. I've only watched it about 1,000 times though. I would definitely go see the stage version if it came close to this area. Which I assume it won't. LOL

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Drunk Drama Queen said…

    jay- It's previewing for Broadway now. Should be in New York in November. After it's run on Broadway it will do a regional or national tour.. but that may not be for a few years...
    I've seen it about a 1000 times too!! The musical just enhanced the story,didn't change it. It wasn't exactly the same either...hard to explain- but it ROCKED!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Actress Andrea said…

    I am so insanely jealous!!! I wanted to go but knew I was most likely having knee surgery (which I did) so...oh well. ;) But how fun!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like ya had a hell of a time. Anytime a show is as good as an orgasm and a cookie and the vodka all rolled into one. YEEEEHAWWW is all me can say. Left out the esctasy cuz me dont know what its like. LOL. The feeeling of it after an orgasm sure. But not a hit of it. LOL.

    Ok, me thinks me just made meself *BLUSH PURPLE*

    Chow

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    now that is worth 12.5 hours on a weekend.

    jealous...
    mel brooks.. rules.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Holy crap! That's a 28 hour tround trip from Sacto - unless you speed freely, and then it's 23!!! Crazy woman!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Samantha_K said…

    That sounds like a great time. Young Frankenstien is one of my favorites. Madeline Kahn is probably one of my favorite actresses ever, and I love that Megan Mullaly is playing her part. Such fun!
    Definitely jealous of your trip. I get to go see Wicked in December (in St.Louis). So that is what I have to look forward to.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well that about the best review anyone could get, now if I could just find a baby sitter......
    Cheers

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Latin Chick said…

    Sean Hayes?!! I'm sooo jealous!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

adopt your own virtual pet!